Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

This is a little bumpy today, bear with me. I am fighting a migraine (and am losing).

My last name is my ex-husbands name.

I originally kept it after our divorce because of the children and because I did not like my father's/family last name ( I was about to write "maiden" name and thought ick on the maiden).

If my GF and I get married, I will change my name. Not because she would expect me to but because I really like her last name!

Most of all:

Because I really, really like the thought of becoming one with her in a concrete, symbolic way.

When we go away, hotel personnel have already called me Anya Smith ( for example) because she is D. Smith.

I thought it so cool on so many levels. They were assuming, in a positive way, that we were married and that my last name was the same as hers.

It tickled me and she loved it.

I know that we will marry at some point.

I also know that I will change my name to hers. I also know that it will not make me one bit less of a feminist to do so.

( I still wish that we had a bride smilie).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: