View Single Post
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Hey Dylan,

I had 2 drains post-op, but I think that, from a medical standpoint, it depends on how much tissue is removed. Also, the kind of procedure you have can dictate whether or not you have drains. From what I've read, many guys have the double incision w/ nipple graft and that procedure is usually performed on guys with bigger chests, hence more tissue removed. If you're small chested, you might have the "keyhole" procedure and have the breast tissue extracted through a small hole. In that case, you might not need drains.

Just my .02,
~Theo~
In my case, I did have the double incision with nipple grafts. And while I was not overly large up top, I did have some size to me.........well, enough to where the keyhole wasn't even close to being an option (36-C).

I have wondered... My surgeon is a pretty premier plastic surgeon. I wonder if he doesn't know a few additional tricks of the trade........or something like that......that could have contributed in my case.

In my mind, there just wasn't a logical reason for NOT having tubes.

I don't know, but I sure wasn't complaining.