Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I altered this a little, as I usually do. It was delicious.

The GF doesn't like blueberries (!?) so I peeled a Trader Joes flat of fresh peaches, added a little more xanthan gum to thicken the juice than the recipe and I crushed a handful of pecans to mix in with the dough crumble. I also mixed about 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon with the peaches. I used Erythritol to sweeten the peaches instead of Swerve. I did not use lemon juice or zest.

It took 30 minutes to bubble and brown for me.

BLUEBERRY COBBLER - LOW CARB AND GLUTEN FREE

This easy low carb and gluten free blueberry cobbler has all the flavors of summer packed into it for less than 100 calories per serving!

Author: Mellissa Sevigny
Recipe type: Low Carb Dessert Recipe
Cuisine: American
Serves: 9 servings

INGREDIENTS
For the filling:
3 cups blueberries
¼ tsp xanthan gum (to thicken)
2 Tbsp Swerve (or other sweetener)
1 tsp lemon juice

For the topping:
2 Tbsp butter
⅔ cup almond flour
2 Tbsp Swerve (or other sweetener)
½ tsp lemon zest

INSTRUCTIONS
In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, xanthan gum, sweetener, and lemon juice and mix well until the blueberries are coated.

Add the blueberry mixture to a 9 x 9 pan (or smaller ramekins.)
Melt the butter in the microwave in an average sized coffee mug or bowl. Stir in the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest until a crumbly dough forms.
Using your hands, crumble the dough over the blueberries in pea (or larger) sized clumps.

Bake in a 375 degree (F) oven for 22 minutes (for the large pan) or 16-18 minutes in smaller ramekins - or until the crust is golden brown and the blueberries are bubbling. Serve warm or cold.

NOTES
Approx. nutrition info per serving (1/9th of recipe, 3x3 square):

95 calories, 6g fat, 6.5g net carbs, 2g protein

(Ice cream is optional and not included in nutrition information)

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015...uten-free.html

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: