ProfPacker

How Do You Identify?:
butch/MOC
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy/hym/hys but in circumstances like work and some other places she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,816 Times in 1,187 Posts
ProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST ReputationProfPacker Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have been thinking

My mother took DES:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethylstilbestrol

and I have begun to find studies (as it was given from the 1940's-1971 and beyond off label) because the off spring of the women who were given the drug are now old enough to follow regarding the higher incidence of autoimmune disease, reproductive issues (structural and getting pregnant), mood disorders such as bi polar and depression and finally because of the timing of when it was introduced to the mother (week 8 through the birth) variances in the neurobiology regarding the influx and time of hormones in the brain on gender expression, sexuality and (at this point) in DES sons, more incidences of transitioning.

I am as much interested in the impact of the drug on automimmune diseases and mood disorders as gender expression because my sister and ex (who are one day apart in age) have suffered similar trajectories (mine has been a little different) the were born in 1952 and I was born in 1949 and there might have been different dosing and different strenghts because of the similarities in their reproductive organs being affected, their autoimmune, etc.

Neither of them is as masculinized in id as I am but interestingly, because there have also been studies regarding hormones and handedness, we are all left handed. I am getting more and more into the neurobiology of the brain, etc. as I teach human behavior and development and include more current literatire.

So I was just curious if anyone knows if their mother took DES and if they have an autoimmune diseases. For my sister this has been difficult to correlate and she is very sick with lupus and one large study in Sweden has found a correlation.

Thank you in advance if you should decide to respond
ProfPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProfPacker For This Useful Post: