Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Things have changed over the years. When i was in high school my PE teacher was no doubt a gay woman, we connected, and i wanted SO badly to talk to her. But i couldn't, she couldn't and all the girls were freaked out that our teacher was going to *look* at them.

One of my clients is the clone of my old PE teacher. She tells me how kids come to her left and right about being gay, and that she takes her partner on trips with the kids and parents.

lots happened in 25 years.

When i was in Oregon there was a young gay gal who was a lost puppy. Us old dykes sorta took her under our gay wings and by just showing her that we are NORMAL, gay couples operate like the straight ones! We have the same joys and woes as everyone else. She was out on the mountain but in the closet back home, and by having that experience she gained a great deal. She is still on my FB and we check in regularly. i think she is now out to her family and embracing her identity rather than hiding it feeling shameful.

Sometimes you mentor people by just being an example.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: