IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Wow...do I EVER feel your pain on this. Without going into details, I will share some of my personal experience. I was in a marriage for 5 plus years, and this was a HUGE issue..HUGE! In the beginning we had sex like mad...amazing, mind blowing, did I say amazing?? sex! Daily. Of course I realize that in the beginning of most relationships this is true for everyone, and fully expected things to slow down a bit with time..just do to life. BUT..after about a year...things came to a dead halt. Part of that I believe was due to him having a hystorectomy. The thing about it was, nothing was ever done about it until just recently, and it didnt work. We split for other reasons as well, but this lack of sex and intimacy contributed to breaking the very foundation (for me personally) We had millions of talks about it..over and over...and always ended with me in tears, and him angry. After 3 plus years of this, I just couldnt take anymore of it. The lack of intimacy, and sex..tore my self esteem down to a really shitty level. It's going to take me a long time to restore that to what it was. Personally, I know that I cannot be in a relationship that does not involve sex and intimacy. For me, having sex with my partner reaffirms our love and commitment to one another...renews us..lets me express without words my adoration. I feel for you ...and my only advice is..after you have exhausted your options...make a choice for YOU..figure out what YOU can live with.

Irish
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IrishGrrl For This Useful Post: