View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i've always been drawn to the contemplative lifestyle. when i was little, up until the end of high school/beginning of college, i wanted to become a nun. at some point i realized celibacy wasn't really the brightest idea i'd ever had islamic prayer practices in some ways feed this need spiritually by giving a daily prayer structure, but i still find myself wanting more structure/different sources of contemplative inspiration in my life. lately i've been reading up on different forms of contemplative christianity, like the practices of lay religious orders.

i was just curious to see if anyone else here had this interest maybe we could share resources and experiences.
I can also relate to the desire of at one time becoming a nun. I was very drawn, from the time I was a child, to the beauty of the life-sacrificed. Also the discipline and servitude, were very humbling and beautiful to me. As well as seeing one of my favorite aunts who carried such an otherworldly peace about her (she was a nun), left me in awe of her.
Then, as I became older, I realized that I was unable to make this commitment in the way that I felt it was deserving of. And failure was not an option for me in this regard. My feelings about what it takes are still the same. I still find myself very drawn to ritualism...probably more for myself. I still love and adhere to a spiritually disciplined life...this is when I feel the closest to God the Creator. Though, I also feel that there is always so much to still be learned...through many different avenues...and I always want to remain open to that process.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post: