Thread: Voice...
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 12:15 PM   #14
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Voice issues....

I was a preemie (1 month early) and was told that there was a problem with the incubator I was in and I developed an acute respiratory infection... so I ended up with a very deep loud voice for life. I was teased about it incessantly in school and it probably played a role in my eating disorder and depression. I used to love to sing and stopped because my dad would sing over me... i kinda gave up. Being an Anglophile and British by birth I found myself using a British accent at work, where as an administrative assistant I was praised for having a good phone voice especially interacting with the elderly. Then we got a new HR rep and suddenly it was noted that I was speaking too loudly and I got put on probation. I literally twisted myself into a pretzel trying to speak less loudly which was quite traumatic. I was eventually fired. I'm now very self conscious about my speaking voice and singing voice. Tried singing in church only to have the minister say he wished he could sing so low. **ack**. I'm seriously considering getting speech therapy... but part of me still loves to sing in the car, wants to say F You to the naysayers, take singing lessons and try out for The Voice someday....? I can dream....
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote