Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default My 16 month progress report and notes

It was back in March of 2018 that I consciously made the decision to stop consuming any food products which elevate a person's natural blood sugar levels. I stopped eating any dairy products; I stopped eating bread products; I stopped eating certain rice and pasta products; because the aforementioned food product choices were elevating my blood sugars, due to mobility issues I have faced since November of 2016.

At any rate, since excising dairy, bread, rice and pasta and any food that converts readily into sugar (glucose) in the blood stream, and sticking to a Whole Foods and Plant Based Diet, I have lost over 75 pounds since March of 2018. At first I lost nearly ten pounds per month. But nearly a year later, after my body acclimated to the Whole Foods Plant Based Diet, I still find I am losing weight slowly -- just not as rapidly as in the beginning, when I first decided to not partake of foods that put my health at greater risk for diabetes.

I still take half a tiny tablet of Glipizide, as well as Losartan (for blood pressure). I also take an prescription strength dose of Vitamin D (10K units, once per day).

My physical transformation has really impressed close friends. So much so, that my sister-in-law now buys the quarterly Forks Over Knives magazine, which teaches people how to cook delicious meals, which some recipes take less than an hour to make - others, like say, making your own nut milk or nut based yogurt or such, take a couple of days to produce. Overall, it's a healthier way to consume plants and plant-based food products with relative ease of time and cost. Investing in ones own health is a rewarding process because you eventually see positive physical results which stays with you as long as you daily commit to put your health first.

I was just sitting here, watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel episodes on my sister-in-law's TV, and browsing the latest issue of Forks Over Knives Magazine and there are some awesome easy-to-make, do-it-yourself recipes for breakfast or dinner or even for a take-to-work lunch. Which definitely saves you time and money because who can get a fabulous lunch or dinner on quick notice, when you might not have a lot of time to dine out or go get take-out?

Here are some of the recent menu ideas I found for breakfast bowls: Quinoa with chocolate and freshly slices pears; Tamale-in-a-bowl (polenta or grits with avocado, fresh salsa and black beans); I Heart Cherries (hot kasha cereal with hemp hearts and frozen cherries and a splash of almond milk); Oatmeal Lemon pancakes with Raspberry Date syrup; Banana Buckwheat pancakes with blueberries and other sliced fresh fruit toppings; Sweet Potato Pancakes with Strawberry Gazpacho sauce.

Here are some dinner menu ideas: Quinoa Burrito Bowls with Strawberry Salsa; Buffalo Cauliflower Pockets; Sweet Corn Tostadas; Chana Gobi soup (which is Hindi for chickpeas and cauliflower) spiced with Indian spice blends that they teach you how to make; Thai Spring Noodle Soup; Middle Eastern Quinoa Bowls with Vegetables; Spinach Apricot Salad with Spiced Lentils; and... Cauliflower and Black Bean Burritos -- which I want to pair off with a homemade Peach & Pear Chutney.

Anyhoooo…… my sister-in-law and I take turns buying the latest issue of "Forks Over Knives" magazine, but what I want to do - and it's on my wish list- is to buy the cookbook. Both the quarterly magazine edition and the cookbook has awesome recipes and photos of what each meal looks like. I buy the magazine at a local book seller that has the best price (sometimes it's Barns and Noble, sometimes I find a good price at Powell's).

Here's to better health and wellness for all,
Cheers

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: