Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Responding to Amulette

Hi there,

I cannot advocate any Kombucha product (home made or commercially made) because I had an allergic reaction to it, which landed me in the hospital.

I know it's branded as a health product that is saturated with probiotic potential, but there isn't any way I'd ever advocate utilizing this type of food product for any way to improve ones health. It didn't improve mine, at all.

My doctor explained further to me, once I recovered and followed up by seeing her after being hospitalized, that Kombucha is primarily made from fermented yeast, sugar and it basically not a stable product to consume for health purposes. I've even done my own random research about this type of health drink and it's got mixed reviews not only by consumers who have used it, but also by the medical community (western based or naturopath based practitioners) who are highly reluctant to put any official seal of approval on it because side effects can range from severe reactions to basically harmless but with no real way to measure toxic side effects among humans who consume this so-called health product.

I appreciate the post you made, but consuming Kombucha will not be something I ever consume -- for my own health.

Thanks again for your post,

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: