Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Good to know. And you post really great stuff on it (appreciate your sharing). I'm going to change the title so that it doesn't lead to any confusion among members. I don't think anyone wants to interrupt a thread that is more for reading by other members
Thanks so much for the support and right back at cha!

******______******______******______******______** ****

Here is an update concerning my own health progress:

Last week I had a clinic visit scheduled for a fasting blood lab and an specialized EKG. Both Lab Techs called out sick, so my appt got moved to next week, which is fine with me.

Both tests will determine if I can be weaned off of Glipizide (an experimental treatment I've been on for about a year now) and to be weaned off of Blood Pressure meds. If I pass both tests with flying colors Then I will have successfully addressed the mobility impacts to my health by radically changing my dietary intake choices. For example, I strive to consume basically everything I find tasty via a plant based diet. Once in a 'blue moon', tho, I find myself craving Albacore Tuna, Smoked Salmon, or BBQ'd Pork Chops. LOL, it's like "Kung Fu Fighting", this daily pursuit of not eating any meat products or consuming any dairy products, dairy-based cheese, or bread of any kind.

I'd say that's the hardest thing about my plant based life style now. Bread is super hard on a person's digestive system and it makes one's body work too hard to get rid of something that, what? Is supposed to fill you up? LOL, if people realized how hard bread is on your body, meat and dairy products too, then we'd be a Vegan-Vegetarian 'nation' by now.

I limit sinning with bread (I stick to a quarter slice of Garlic Nan, twice a month). I also have hard, non-negotiable limits on dairy products. My body cannot abide dairy product rashes or health related setbacks, because dairy products convert instantaneously into highly toxic blood sugars, once a person ingests dairy based products. I know, because I am allergic to dairy products and once you've had a near fatal close call at an ER, you just give it up because who wants to die an early death, right?

SoooOOooOOooOooo, I'm kind of excited about a plant based ice-cream that I read about, recently. It's not that plant based ice cream that has been at stores for about two years now... The Halo brand ice cream. Not that one. It's not a soy based ice cream either. It's an Ice Cream called …. tada…

Eclipse. It's owners live in California and I like their mission statement and drive and focus on helping society realize that consuming plant based foods can be nutritious, body-safe, and improve ones health in seriously smart ways.

And who wants "Ice Cream" now? Ha Ha Ha. Of course, I do, but only if it's ~~~>>>>>>> E C L I P S E.

Cheers,

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: