View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 06:16 PM   #97
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Good news + Good news = Feeling My Best (Fabulous!)

Good news no.1: Today I went for my six month check up. My A1c range is still good (5.4), I lost a few pounds (16), and I still remain on the same dose of meds (Glipizide and Losartan) until next summer. By next summer, if I can show improvement in mobility and a reduction in weight (lose 55 pounds by June) without rocking the A1c 'boat', then my doctor will consider weaning me off both meds I have been taking since a year ago.

Good news no.2: I went grocery shopping again today and while wandering the aisles of my favorite discount grocery store, I saw little packages of Philadelphia Cream Cheese type veggie dips. So an idea formed in my head on how to make an alternative veggie dip without using dairy milk products. I am not allergic to organic Feta (goat cheese), so I bought a top shelf Feta cheese and bought some Red and Yellow and Orange sweet peppers and a jar of minced garlic. I have a Ninja food processor, so I set about cleaning and slicing the sweet peppers and processed them into a paste. Then I added all of the Feta (12 ounces), then processed it again after adding several teaspoons of minced garlic. I also added a dash or two of organic coconut cream and as it was processing, I stopped to add a bit of coconut flour and freshly squeezed lemon juice. After pulsing the entire concoction for about three minutes, I taste tested it and Oh My Goodness, it was ….

D e l i s h !

I also found a good buy on heads of organic cauliflower and a few stalks of celery and found a few organic beets (to roast). I cleaned up the heads of cauliflower and dipped buds of cauliflower in my newly made Feta/Sweet Pepper veggie dip. mMmmMmmMmmMMmmm. Soooo good!

When I roast beets, I clean them and cut them into quarters, then soak them in a pickling spice solution OACV, which I sweeten with Stevia drops. I soak them for 48 hours, in a covered container in the fridge. After they've absorbed the flavor of pickling spice mixture for a couple of days, I place them in a ceramic Dutch oven and roast them for a few hours in the late afternoon. The house smells divine and it's a yummy treat to serve on the side with organic salads I make on my own.

Cheers,

K.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: