chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshaman View Post
It is simply called the BC Witches camp. I had heard such good things about it from friends of mine who had gone. I thought it was great. It is in line with the Reclaiming Tradition and is led by some long time wonderful witches. Very different from the way I practice and teach. I enjoy stretching my mind to embrace other beliefs, traditions and ways of doing things. It is in Alice Lake country. The forest is protected and quite well preserved. Lots of animals and birds. And the trees... sigh of beauty.

I have done silent retreats, they are very intense. You wouldn't think that, but we are such a 'dialed in' society we have a very hard time NOT occupying our minds with something, anything, outside of ourselves. Silence is one of the most difficult things for us to do. Internal silence...yikes!!!

This summer I am rough camping in the Queen Charolettes, solely for the silent retreat aspect.
Where did you do the silent retreats?
I have absolutely no problem going for days without talking, but without music, family members making demands, and just "life" being a distraction, I would welcome the inner journey.

I can only imagine the intensity, and would welcome it! I'm not as dialed in as most, I don't even have a cell phone!

I am reading a book on women's spirituality, and how it used to be a "woman's world". There is a lot written about witches also.

Roughing it in the Queen Charlottes sounds divine!!!!!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post: