View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 05:10 PM   #1633
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well gee, I hear crickets!

Since the ruling on nationwide marriage equality, I have had mixed feelings about the progress made by our community toward equal civil rights.

The haters seem motivated to make sure we hear their hate: the wacko who went to jail because she wouldn't issue marriage licenses, the states that have passed "freedom of religion/discrimination" laws etc etc....

I find most people are embracing us as a married couple...the Church has a married couples group that meets for dinner and events, and it has been opened to same-sex married couples. I try not to cringe when we are introduced by people as "our friends Kasey and Cindy, they
are in a same-sex marriage"

My Kasey has faced a lot of nasty comments when alone. I can see that people are itching to say something when we are out together, but I am a formidable presence and they are fortunate to reconsider. Same-sex marriage has received greater acceptance, but in my opinion we as individuals are resented for changes most people did not want to occur.

I will always be grateful to the people who have worked so hard through the years to make marriage equality a reality, I never thought it would happen in my lifetime. I wish I could stand up on top of a mountain and yell, "well it's been a year, how has this decision affected your marriage."

The silence would be deafening.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: