Old 04-28-2011, 03:52 PM   #32
ana

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers
Relationship Status:
Taken!

ana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputationana Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant View Post

I am not physically right. I don't fit into societal norm of what beauty is. I am a queer fat femme-ish deviant. I may have a big ass, but honey, I have a big heart, and a big laugh, and I can rock my husband's world. It has taken me so many years to see my beauty, and to own it. I always thought if I loved myself as fat, then I would never lose weight. Self acceptance doesn't equal complacency. I still would like to lose some weight and be healthier. That is all that will happen to me though. I will be healthier. I will not be any more beautiful or more attractive to my husband.
I. Love. This. Post. Seriously. My very favorite part, though they were many, is the bit I plucked out and quoted above. I've had an off day today, and that really made me feel better. I read it and smiled because it spoke to me, even though my story is a bit different. I work hard to believe that those who find me beautiful find that in me because of who I am -- all of me, even the bits Cosmo tells me I should hide.

Thank you.
ana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ana For This Useful Post: