Old 07-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #103
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
The surgeon I went to here will operate on people who identify as gender queer/gender neutral, butch etc. Psychiatrists are becoming more accepting when it comes to approving people who identify as the above for top surgery as well...but just like with trans guys there are similar hurdles to jump as far as needing to convince them that you identify the way you do, that surgery is a big enough "need"( ) and the usual.
Yes, more respected surgeons are becoming open to operating on genderqueer individuals. For example, although Garramone still requires a letter, he is very welcoming to genderqueer individuals. His letter only requires the therapist to say that the surgery "is the next step in the transition process" (or something close to that...hell, how do you think I got him to operate on me? ).

Of course, you could always find a surgeon who didn't follow the Standards of Care and didn't require a letter, but historically the surgeons whose results were desired required letters.

Like I said, things are rapidly, very rapidly changing.

As an aside, who did your surgery, EnderD?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: