Old 12-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #24
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post
I think an important draw for buddhism is that you can practice the philosophy with out practicing the religion. does that make sense? Like you can take wisdom from the bible ( like: take care of the beam in your own eye instead of worrying about the needle in your neighbors eye, type thing) without actually believing/being a christian.

The Dalai Lama in his book in which he discusses the gospels and the book of matthew.(think it is called matthew, cant remember) .said..do not turn away form your chrisitianity....as it has been with you since you were born.
I found this comforting because; as attracted as I was to buddhism I could not break my ties or my beleifs which are considered christian..so for the past
almost 11 years I have labeled my religiousity as a Christian Buddhist. I practice buddhism but have in my priavate practice comgbined it with those christian beleifs that are deep within me and are the foundation of my life, my faith, and guide my footsteps on this planet..