The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
But have to admit I don't have that kind of long term discipline. And the Buddhists that I have known are very centered indeed. Love me some Pema Chodron. http://www.pemachodron.org/ However, I get some mixed messages about Buddhism's acceptance (or lack thereof) of homosexuality. Some places I read that we fall under "sexual misconduct" laws of their religion and other places I read that they do not judge us. As someone who grew up under the boot of "hate the sin, love the sinner" Xtianity, this kind of gives me the willies.

Certainly don't want to discourage anyone from walking the path of their choosing, but worry that all religion, even ones without God's can be a minefield of do's and don'ts that is bound to leave someone out.

I guess any door through which we enter, can snag us on it's splinters, we must walk on through to get to (what I believe) is our shared destination.

Sacred communion with all.
The same is true of many religions: depending on the church, temple or group they may be more or less accepting. I have found, personally, Lama Surya Das (Western Lama of the Nyingmapa Dzogchen lineage) teachings and those around to be very accepting and open. I had attended a session with one group and they were very open and had no issue with me being trans.

I think it's a matter of finding one that is open and speaks to your heart and soul.

Namaste.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote