Old 02-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #33
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
If I am in no way able to bear the pains of the hells, why then don't I give up anger, which is the cause of all that pain? -- Shantideva in The Three Levels of Perception (from More Daily Wisdom)

I have to admit (and perhaps it's an age thing or perhaps its because of the studying I've been doing) but I am getting better about letting anger go. I just started reading Thubten Chodron's Buddhism for Beginners and I was reminded how letting go of "things" (physical or otherwise) lessened suffering and with it, I believe, anger.

Has anyone else found that as well in their path?

I was thinking it was my age.....as it has been easier and easier for me to purge.....I have too many THINGS....I've been going through Rubbermaid TUBS of stuff, asking myself.....HOW many times have I moved this? Never looking inside to see what it WAS.....and....um...>WHY did I keep this 1994 bill?

I know, right?

But since I've moved to Austin....and I'm [hopfully] not going anywhere until my ashes are floating in the Seine......I have found it empowering to 'let go' of all KINDS of stuff....physical stuff....toxic people.....anger.... regrets.... guilt....

And it has really been empowering, and, at the same time giving me a great deal of peace.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: