View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #46
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I had few intelligent conversations today...None of them were with customers...

Examples:

"What do you need my address for? I just want to talk to you about my bill!"

"I don't care if you are not able to access a system to process my payment for me, you're still going to do it!"

"I paid $300 in July, how the fuck is my bill $700 now? Why is my power off, when I just paid $300 in July???" (this was one of two payments made in 2012)

"What do you mean $25 dollars is not enough to keep my power on? That is all I can pay until February!" (the past due balance is $350 and 90 days old)

Things I said to customers today in exasperation:

"I'm sorry that's frustrating to you Bob, but cursing and yelling at me to process your payment, when I am unable to do so, is really not making your day, or mine any more pleasant. What I can do to help you, is transfer you to the automated system, which actually can process your payment."

"I understand that it is cold outside, and that it is frustrating to be without power temporarily during inclimate weather. However, I am unable to give you a reason for the outage, or an eta on repairs when you are the first person reporting the outage."

"No Brittney, we generally aren't able to get a crew onsite within 5 minutes of an outage being reported. No, they are not able to call you when they get there, they are attempting to determine the cause of the outage, and restore service for all of the 1500 customers without power. I'm afraid calling you to let you know they have arrived, is not something I'm going to ask them to make time for."

"Candy, you asked me why your bill doubled, and I attempted to talk to you about some of the reasons that can happen during the colder months of the year. You said that I was lying and called me a rude name referring to the female anatomy, I'm pretty sure this call is non-productive for both of us. What was that? I'm a what? Happy Holidays!" :click:

"Excuse me? You're actually asking me to stop being so pleasant? I apologize, I am unable to grant that request, you see, I work in customer service."

"What? No, we can't turn it on immediately. It will be some time today, barring any major outages. Yep, that's right, we did turn it off 15 minutes ago, and we cannot restore it instantly. Yes, again, that is what I said, we cannot turn it back on immediately. Okay Rebecca, I'm pretty certain that leaving it on for 4 months without payment, mailing multiple notices, and calling you more than 10 times a month to warn you that it could happen is not the same as turning it off at the drop of a hat. Thankfully, you won't have to wait as long as we waited for payment to get the power restored."
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: