Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Dearest Diary,

Lately I've been (as others have too) contemplating on what's been happening on the American Finance scene, as well as other factors contributing to conditions across the socio-cultural landscape of America. It's hard to carry on an erotic story when you see the world imploding around you: the stakes are high, all bets are off, and the one thing I keep coming back to is the thought that while Americans were busy buying into the culture of consumerism, larger acts of criminality were happening right under our noses. I suppose, like many, we do buy into the idea that in order to perpetuate the cycle of finance (spend money to make money), sometimes one loses a certain perspective concerning how things have spun out of control. I wrote this poem and while it might just be only my thoughts and feelings about what I see, I know that there are many others who are now seriously questioning just what really has happened – where many now sit on the stage of global finance. With the credibility of American institutions blown -- institutions run by those in power -- it's not a far fetched idea to imagine just who orchestrated our latest "fall from grace."

I'm a Labor Democrat by choice: so in this poem when I characterize our latest sordid social mess, I use the word "blow." This term connotes/epitomizes our current governmental administration which has been controlled by Bush II and those who support tainted politics (which, to me, during my personal observations over the last 40+ years began with McCarthy-ism, Nixon, Johnson, Reagan, Bush I and the list goes on); which does not represent what I value nor what I wish for myself or others; nor are the officials in charge worthy of having been given such power to administrate American society. *** (see revision of notes below)

Of course, as with all the poetic thoughts I dare to write, readers may (or may not) completely identify with my strange arrangement of thoughts. So, without further adieu, here is my poem of the hour:

Death Culture: an Amerikan Zeitgeist

In the beginning (from a to z)
We all believed in a proclamation
Telling us how to be free:

The culture of hunger –
Longing for food, any food will do;
Probing empty garbage cans for remains hardly edible
Emaciated rib cages sharing a loo;
Flushing waste down a drain
Only to be filled with toxins --
This infested everyone’s brain.

The culture of complacent identity –
Resting upon improperly drained fields;
Fields not spun of gold,
But merely breeding more mold;
Growing neon green with jealousy,
Fueling rage filled hate;
Consumption was the by-word of those who unleashed
The “Free Market” gate:

This gate, led to co-operated greed --
Muzzled voices squelched by the speed;
The speed of a society,
Valuing corrupt populist need;
Wallowing in a cesspool made (no allowed) by:
“Make no mistake, I’ve got your cake”
As Lucifer, the angel of disguise,
Convoluted his prize,
The prize of a culture led astray
Testified to a pirahnaized frenzy in dry, dry hay.

*BOOM*

“Look! I see an Amerikan Zeitgeist!”
Came strange echoes from a shrouded past.
Civilization trounced in the name of absolute unchecked power;
Legions of tormented egos came screeching from its broken mast:
The Mast of a once renowned dream of liberty,
Fettered by fake visions of freedom,
All in the name of society, culture, race, sex and gender:
Look at us now – we’re in a zealots’ blender!

All politics aside
They’re tickets to the world’s greatest show –
The Amerikan Zeitgeist: a Horror Show
Directed and produced by those hooked on “blow.”

*** (revised notes): Very little has changed, politically, since the election year of 2008.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote