Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Once & future vegan...

*Smiles & waves to all the
Ok, I'm not 100% vegan (or even vegetarian) anymore, but I was. First, when I was rebelling against my family(farm) as a teen, then, when I was laying the foundation for raising my own little anarchists/free thinkers. At this point, I'm probably more of a veg-positive omnivore (lol). I raised my toddlers as vegan circa 15 years ago (when it was still hard to find soymilk at the grocery store), but when they went to school & saw the other kid's lunch boxes, they started asking for sandwich meat (YUCK!!!). Although, my teenager has now come (almost) full circle & is (lacto-ovo) vegetarian. We eat vegan/vegetarian most of the time & have lots of great recipes/tips if that's what we're talking about. (I might have even posted some in that thread Linus mentioned....n'est-ce pas NYCfembbw?)

Welcome Katalina!
Proximity, & give it some time...are you feeling any different/better yet?
And "Hell-ooo" to anyone else I didn't mention.
Here are some quotes you might appreciate/enjoy....

Buddha: To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana.

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love." -- Pythagoras (circa 582-507 B.C.)Greek philosopher, mathematician, mystic"Father of Vegetarianism"

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." ~Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." ~Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President

"My refusing to eat meat occasioned an inconveniency, and I have been frequently chided for my singularity. But my light repast allows for greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension."~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (1706-1790)American statesman, inventor and author

I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.... ~Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

-Blue

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post: