Old 12-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #31
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

SNIP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Speaking of "butts". Songs like lyrics like "I like big butts", or "Fat Bottom Girl" by the group Queen... Offensive? He was a queen, could he write that? Blacks singing about loving large round booties, isn't that a beautiful thing to the women? (While, the white models are anorexic trying to be skin and bone - fucking dying to be "beautiful". That seems "nuts" to me, there I said it! Crazy reference.)
thankyouthankyouthankyou! my sweet round phat ass and i thank you.

next subject. i'm rarely offended by words themselves but rather by their intent. it allows for less restriction and volatility in conversation and artistic expression.

i love the word CUNT. i own the book Cunt. i have a friend who turns the spine of the book around every time she walks by my book case. i want to buy her a copy for the holidays.

i love describing myself as phat or fat or ffat or whatever version of it comes out of my fingertips as i type that day. i dont have a weight problem. it's other people who seem have a problem with weight.

i love the word FUCK. i would use it like punctuation if i hadnt been asked not to by someone who matters to me.

i dont like to say G*DDAMMIT or J*SUS because i dont like to walk all over the belief systems of others. it seems unnecessary.

i am bothered when people say "DONT BE SUCH A GIRL" as if to be a girl could possibly be something one would dislike1

i love saying BUGGER and COCKUP and SHITE because they imbue swearing in Amerika with a different flavor.

i love the word QUEER and use it often in many connotations.

i'm offended when people say THAT'S SO GAY because they never mean it to mean "hey, look at how cool and intensely intelligent that is." or "my how pretty and fresh and delightful." perhaps GAY could be the new N-word?

last summer i wrote a prayer for my altar. this thread brings a specific part of it to mind: I will not lose sight of the fact that my words and actions are meant to be gifts to the world rather than weapons against it.

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post: