Old 03-21-2011, 07:18 PM   #23
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
I read on a healthy eating website that eating 1 banana a day will reduce your risk of colon cancer by 40%. It's also excellent for prevention of muscle cramps in your legs and keeping you from getting dehydrated. Who knew!
It's the potassium in the banana that helps with the leg cramps. I've also heard stories of drinking dill pickle juice to help reduce leg cramps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomnNC View Post
Also taking 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar a day has quite a few health benefits. It helps with stiff joints, muscle cramps, if your diabetic taking a tablespoon 30 minutes before you eat will keep your sugar from spiking after you eat.
If you put some cider vinegar in potatoes, it will lower the glycemic index for them, which is good for those who keep an eye on their carb intake as well as stabilizing blood sugars better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
For relief of coughing and wheezing associated with bronchitis , or other respiratory ailments,
mix 1 tsp thyme in a little honey take orally as needed to soothe airways .
this really really works!!!
Something else to add honey is great for dressing minor wounds.
honey contains a germ killing substance called inhidine.
For those will pollen allergies, find a store that sells LOCAL honey and take a spoonful every day. It will help to minimize your symptoms.

Also, if you are bloated, drink water with lemon juice in it to taste. The lemon draws out the water trapped in your cells and allows it to vacate your body.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: