View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #4112
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,588 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Monday that the American economy needs to reopen quickly and that tens of thousands of more Americans may die from the novel coronavirus, insisting that Americans are “gonna have to” accept that. Speaking to CNN correspondent Dana Bash on her The Daily DC podcast, Christie—who now works as an ABC News contributor—pushed for the reversal of stay-at-home orders in order to open up businesses and ramp up economic activity.

Confronted with recent models that now show that as many as 135,000 Americans will die due to decreased social distancing amid the pandemic, Christie essentially threw up his hands and said there really wasn’t a choice.
“Of course, everybody wants to save every life they can—but the question is, towards what end, ultimately?” Echoing previous comments he’s made that the country cannot wait to reopen the economy, the former Trump transition team member asserted that “we’re going to destroy the American way of life” if people don’t immediately get back to work.

I often wonder when those politicians, who are so eager to open up the economy at any costs, if they stop to think that perhaps some of the deaths could occur right in their own family? Christie has 4 kids and it's a proven fact that Covid doesn't discriminate when it comes to age! No, I doubt they think of that, in their mind it's always going to be someone else's kid or family member!
Whoopi Goldberg Confronts Chris Christie on ‘The View’: Who Are You Willing to ‘Sacrifice?’ Unfortunately I didn't get to see this on Friday, but I'm so happy someone asked one of these idiots who are saying we need to open America back up this question...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: