The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post

I guess I have a few questions that I will start out with, since I know that we have all started somewhere. I'll begin with just a few basic ones:

1) When did you begin feeling like you were different?

2) Did you always know that you should have been born the opposite sex, or did that come abit later though you always knew you were different?

3) When did you decide to come out, and how did you come out?

I am out as trans (FTM) to certain people that I know online as well as those at the FTM group I attended but not to anyone else. A big part of Me wants to come out to family and friends so I can finally outright be who I am on the inside, but there is still that part of Me that is scared to do so. I am really looking to just connect with other FTM's (as well as MTF's) and relate to those who have gone through the journey, or perhaps those like Me really just beginning it, so that I can know that I'm not alone.
1. I've always felt different but didn't have the language to describe it. When I was finally introduced to the concept of an FTM and what it entailed I began to wonder if that was my path. The more I investigated and heard the histories of other FTMs that seemed to flow along the same lines as mine, the more I thought that perhaps this was the path.

2. I suppose I knew but never admitted it to myself. It was something I hid deep down and was shameful of for many, many years.

3. I came out at age 37 and I used a well crafted email to friends. A year later I did the same to my work colleagues (I rarely see them other than a major gathering). Since I'm in IT, far from family and we use email as our main method of communication it worked and made sense as the method of communication.

I can't comment specifically for you but I know for me there was a point where living two lives didn't work any more for me. And I had to be one person finally, the person that my ID/Ego had been seeing itself as for a long time.

HTH
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: