How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My mom went to live in the nursing home today.

My sister took her alone. Several people advised us that the fewer family members that went to drop her off, the better. Too many people would just be confusing for my mom and would prevent her from settling in. The people at the nursing home also advised us to wait 5-6 weeks before visiting her. My sister said, "No way" and told me she was going to be there every day, even if it was just to put eyes on our mom while she was eating in the dining room.

The home is only six minutes from my sister's house. We both feel really lucky to have found a nice, appropriate place so close to my sister. My sister knows many of the people who work there (she knows everybody in her town - she was a teacher for many years and it seems like half the population ended up in her class at one time or another). There is low turnover in the staff. The home is clean and the rooms are nice. The food is acceptable. (Mom must have liked it, because they reported she "cleaned her plate" at lunch today.)

I've got more feelings about this, but I'll have to write more later.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: