How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,163 Times in 5,133 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

They temporarily kicked my mom out of the nursing home today.

She was emotional and would not leave the other residents alone. She threw a remote at somebody's head, and that was it. They called my sister and her husband and asked them to come get her, she could not spend another night in the home. The only way they would let her back in was if she had some medical contributing factor, and it got taken care of.

The had the sheriff (!) take Mama to the hospital. They did not charge her with anything, though. The ER checked her out, and it turns out she has a bad UTI. They are giving her an antibiotic IV and Ativan to calm her down- which did not calm her down at all. Now she is hallucinating and giggling and saying all kinds of gibberish. They're treating her in the ER, but the nursing home says she has to be admitted and treated in order for them to let her come back. (Red tape B.S.!)

Thank goodness the home will let Mama come back, though. It concerns me that the nursing staff did not figure out she had a UTI. I know they're at a disadvantage because Mama can't tell them what's wrong with her. But still! They're supposed to be looking after her!

My sister is still waiting with her in the ER. She says she needs an IV of Tito's from having to deal with all the red tape. I don't know know where they're going to go for the night. Hopefully my sister can get my mom admitted to the hospital for one night.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: