Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
My instructor and I have had long talks about compensation. This is the same woman who made Reiki accessible to me when I was broke. She says much the same as dee's teacher, about value and exchange. She came to me at one point and actually suggested that I start charging. I live within limited means and she sees it as an opportunity to open myself to the flow of abundance. I struggle with it still. But I still do more sessions for free than I charge for. No one is turned away, ever. And I often offer it to friends or acquaintances who I see could benefit. It fills me up to do so and I expect nothing in return, but often they will offer some token of gratitude. One friend is an artist and she gives me artwork, which I love.

When I do charge, I suggest a liberal sliding scale. It works out because there are a good many folks around here with the means to pay the top end and they are glad to do it. Because of them, it is more possible to see others for much less or free, as I am actually trying to make a living at this. I'll never be rich. That's not the point. The point is to share love, light, and healing energy with as many people as possible, while also sustaining myself and my basic needs. I think we sometimes view money as dirty or evil and as energy channels we just want to help everyone and expect nothing. But money exchange is just another form of energy exchange. I think it is absolutely fine when dealt with cleanly and clearly.
Very well-put, Ms. Meander!

@girl_dee: You do reflexology?