Old 06-27-2019, 11:04 PM   #6
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by okieblu View Post
The other thing is a fully lined satin men's waistcoat. ie 1800's vest. Think Wild Wild West.
Ooohhhh I know where you can get the pattern anyway, which is a big start. There is a great company called Folkwear Patterns.

"Started in California in the 1970s, Folkwear provides sewing patterns that are based on authentic vintage and folk garments from around the world. Our patterns are flexible enough to be used for costuming as well as for making unique every-day-wear."

I collect patterns and have sewn dresses from their patterns. They are great! I would recommend a seamstress near you so it can be fit to you, you will have to try it on during the process. Making a jacket and vest takes a lot of skill and may be a bit spendy but it will also be really special. I hope it comes together well for you!
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post: