Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Extremely interesting thread. For myself, for as long as I've realised that no, I do NOT have to be stuck in the box others might perceive me as and/or want me to be, I've been determined to just be myself, because being essentially forced to not be myself was so extremely distressing and damned near fatal more than once. So 'just me' is accurate, but that's true of everyone, so, going one level down from there...

Depending on the circumstances, I might use either dyke, tomboy or lesbian to describe me, at the moment. All are accurate. I do find that because dyke has a harder-edge sound to it, that that's useful if I'm around guys that might get tiresome if one says "lesbian". Dyke seems to tell them that I'm not an easy target for their "humourous" comments, and thankfully they also seem to understand that I'm emphatically not an honourary lad just because I find women sexy. Tomboy gives notice to other lesbians that I'm somewhere in the middle of the butch-femme spectrum and may exhibit elements of both at various times, possibly even simultaneously.

What I am finding fascinating is not so much what I identify as, but exploring the boundaries of what I might be attracted to, but that's off-topic here (apologies). But thank you to all who've taken part in chats about such matters, here at BFP, as the insights I've gained have been helping me sift the wheat from the chaff about my sexuality. I'm still finding boxes to break out of.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: