How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,264 Times in 5,168 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I did some walking around the upstairs of my house without a walker last night. My sense of balance has started to come back, just a bit; it was slow going. But I was able to do it without holding onto the walls and doorknobs, and more importantly, without falling down.

I'm still reserving the stairs for when I absolutely must leave the house, like for doctors' appointments and PT. I still have to scoot down on my butt. Going up the stairs, there's always the question "Will I have to sit on a step halfway, or can I climb all nine steps in a single go?" I count every excruciating step every time I do it. ("You've done five, you can do six. You've done six, you're two thirds of the way up.") But I DO it. When I have to.

I never thought a little kidney problem (ha!) would wipe me out so much. Lesson learned. Oh, BTW, another lesson learned - you can NOT take as much Benadryl as you want. (Follow those directions! And don't believe some former doctor from Germany who can't get a medical license in the U.S. when they tell you otherwise. Not even if they are now a nurse practitioner.)

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: