Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,703 Times in 7,722 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post

Ya, the sclera is a problem with aerosol contamination but I imagine it would take a direct hit from a cough or a sneeze to send enough of a viral load into your eyes and it probably would get through a mask as well unless it's an N-95. Hopefully there is only short-range aerosol transmission mostly in crowded, poorly ventilated spaces. Hopefully droplets don't hang in the air [B]long enough either. [/B]But who knows.This virus might be more contagious than first believed.If you cannot maintain a safe distance and have to be indoors with people outside of your bubble I suppose a face shield over a mask is the best course of action. However, I find it hard to breath like that. But I would find it harder to breath on a ventilator I'm sure. I guess I'm hoping that just a mask will do the trick. But maybe just a shield is better than just a mask for the average person doing average daily activities. Masks often move around and require adjusting and therefore put you at risk of contamination. Shields don't do that. But I have masks so.

<snipped your conversation except above..

Droplets can/DO hang in air & on the floor for up to 8 hrs. A person in say aisle 1 sneezes OR coughs, and is maskless..those droplets (called "goblet cells") are dispersed 27 feet outward....Another person comes down that aisle, isn't wearing a mask, or if wearing one, incorrectly, or wrong kind, will inhale a small percentage of those same goblet cells, PLUS will have them on their clothing, and the soles of their shoes. Once home, touch the soles to removes their shoes, later touches their face, voila....

Also, wearing gloves has potential to cross contaminate everything they touch....fruits, vegetables, everything...face, steering wheel, keys, phones. etc. It is not really wise to wear those in public, as general population does not know how to do so correctly nor have access to many gloves to change each time an item is touched.

Face Shields are NOT a good protectant. Sides are open, much more access for contaminants to get onto your person. Really good quality facemasks are the ticket, IF worn correctly, cleaned often, & worn to cover one's mouth AND nose...:0

I have 2 N95 masks, about a dozen of really thick, COTTON cloth ones, and several others. I wear each once, then it gets washed & air dried! Most of mine has the wire on bridge of nose to properly seal it onto my face.

Speaking from my nursing background, & I am sure my friend, cathexis, will also validate what I say.....

Just some FYI....carry on