View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 09:35 PM   #8
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I had to dig this thread out!

During my recent travels I found out that the last two lesbian bars in Tel Aviv have closed... Gay bars are everywhere...yet similar that's not the same...

Yesterday I happen to come across "Gaycation" a Viceland TV show. I saw the Paris episode and interestingly enough noticed that almost the exact same things have been described to be happening in Paris.

I know that what I'm about to say might inflame some people, however, please do not take this statement as provocation or defamation, my intentions are far from malicious, I'm just throwing this out there as food for thought and healthy discussion...

Ehm, so here it comes- Today everyone wants to be Queer but no one wants to be a Lesbian anymore.

One thing I've noticed among some younger people (worldwide), is that a word "Lesbian" has suddenly absorbed some sort of negativity, it has become a dirty word, along with the word "Butch". "GenderQueer" is the New Millennium acceptable alternative... In my humble personal opinion those two are interchangeable or mutually compatible terms... as they are two quite different buckets of attributes.

Being a Lesbian in 2016 somehow comes with derogatory undertones...

I wonder why?

French Lesbian scene in 2016 appears to be 100% underground society just like pre 1960es. Mostly kinky society.
Israeli Lesbian scene is non-existant, I've heard someone there say "if you aren't "Queer" enough to hang around the gay boys, tough luck bitch!" lolol I am not going to reveal how I wished I could have responded to that lolol

Anyways, it's not about the Gays, it's not about the Queers, it's not about any other pink, purple and polka dotted, sliced and diced micro identity... It's about visibility... diminishing visibility...

Someone said "Being quiet does not mean being invisible" ... but how are you gong to be heard if you're quiet? Are we fine with being invisible? Out of sight out of mind!

Social battle is not over... it is far from over...

Should we be happy to retire to the underground?
In my opinion the "underground exclusive" may ostracize large portion of the community...

Is an occasional public bdsm dungeon all we shall be reduced to? (there's nothing wrong with dungeons don't get me wrong just there's more to a tree then a single leaf !)

I'm the first person not to be hitting up bars, just never felt comfortable in such social surroundings much... what can I say I'm just a nerd who prefers to deal with paperwork, petitions and lobbying for legislative push of all kinds... That said... Once you notice a social trend on national level, it concerns you. Once you notice it on global level, shouldn't it alarm you ever so slightly? Shouldn't we wake up from this deep sleep for just a second?

There you go....Those are my 5 cents....

Now I feel sad, old, Lesbian and oh so unQueer. lol