View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM   #11
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
He’s my scorpio boo bear.

Thanked 32,033 Times in 9,962 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default There is and will be no such thing as retirement (…)

I’ve spent the past 40 years of my life in the beauty industry and most all of my career in this industry left me with less to live on rather than more — like in other workplace venues that offer substantial and, dare I say life saving, ways of building a nest egg for retirement needs.

Medicare is the biggest joke that is not funny at all.

First off, people are forced into Medicare at age 65 (which is in a few short weeks, for me). To complicate my “retirement” process is that I’m not allowed to take my SS retirement earnings until I’m 66.5 yrs of age (right now). What you find out at 65 is that Medicare charges the avg person $529.00 every three months as the premium for part B (the arm of your policy that covers your doctor visits). That’s $2500/year. I don’t have that slush money fund at all. Never have. Part A is hospital coverage which the avg person is not charged for. Part C & Part D is not free either because that’s where extraneous other medical aspects of your medical coverage covers expensses for medications, etc., which that is not free either.

I have no idea how I’m going to survive this latest financial issue I’m trying to hurdle on my own but for those like me who have spent years of our work lives in our chosen professions to be let down by the enshrouded mucky-muck unclear borderline in your face lies about what happens to you when you reach age 65 or beyond is the biggest sham for those of us in the aging sector.

I’m not happy. I will figure this out, eventually, by the time I’m 66.5 yrs of age when Medicare can Rob my small social security check four times a year for the price it takes not to die.

Until medical care is socialized into universal terms that includes FREE care for all, we will pay the price it takes to live and not die at an early age.

If your at a place in your life to save back for the financial assault waiting for you at age 65, please do so now before it’s too late.

______ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: