Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has been accepting free vacations, food, airplane trips and more for over 20 years. Most of this has come from his "friend" Harlan Crow, an uber-wealthy GOP donor. Crow has also provided access to Thomas from his GOP friends on these vacations.

Technically, Supreme Court justices don't have to report these kinds of gifts, seemlingly because we trust them to understand what's ethical and what's not. We don't trust members of Congress - they're required to report anything over $50.

But Clarence Thomas isn't ethical! Congress knew this when they approved his appointment, because of the Anita Hill situation. So I don't know why everyone is so surprised now.

In addition to the lavish vacations provided by Crow, it has now come to light that Justice Thomas sold some real estate to Crow for about $133,000. Thomas is required to report real estate sales of over $1000, but he did not report this.

Clarence Thomas should never have been nominated or approved to sit on the Supreme Court.

Sorry for the free flow of thoughts and badly written opinion if you have made it this far, but it's almost midnight and I can't get to sleep.
This morning the Washington Post is reporting that Thomas has claimed income from a defunct real estate firm for years. And it’s a real estate firm that was owned by his wife and her family.

Sounds like money laundering to me.

Whatever the case, he and his wife are grifters.