Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Michael Kiwanuka | Worry Walks Beside Me Everyday

I just love Martina's forum thread Music Talk.... but it's been almost two years, come August, that I've posted here.

SooOooOooo..... recently my bff told me about the HBO show called Big Little Lies, which turned me on to a great artist, who apparently has been around for a long time. Michael Kiwanuka. What a masterful and talented artist.

My data plan renewed today and I've been listening to a lot of his stuff. I actually got stuck listening to the song in the video below. It's called .... Worry Walls Beside Me Everyday. What a powerful ballad. The recording is so acutely tuned to the guitar he plays, to notes on the piano, the artful snare brushing of drums, to the incredibly rich notes on the Hammond b3 organ. His voice is got that particular kind of everyday feel-good feeling, but I know that's never going to be the best description of his voice or vocal range.

The song just takes my breath away.

I love the lyrics, too.

I really, really want to get this recording of his song and whatever other album I can afford to buy. He's that good.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: