Old 09-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #47
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
The LA Weekly has a list of the "20 Worst Hipster Bands," and Arcade Fire and Bon Iver are both on it. So it's not just me.

Here's the whole list in case anyone is interested. When I saw the list originally, I listened again to a Decemberist record I have. No reconsideration for me. I can see that they think they are clever and that that can grate. But I enjoy them a lot.

20 The Black Keys
19 TV On The Radio
18 Sleigh Bells
17 fun.
16 MGMT
15 Death Cab For Cutie
14 Wavves
13 The Decemberists
12 Pomplamoose
11 Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros
10 White Rabbits
09 Beach House
08 The Airborne Toxic Event
07 Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti
06 Beirut
05 Grizzly Bear
04 Bright Eyes
03 Arcade Fire
02 tUnE-yArDs
01 Bon Iver
I like a couple of Death Cab for Cutie's songs and the only other band I know on the list is fun. and I don't like them. I'm out of touch with hipster bands and I'm okay with that.

My tastes run more mainstream and top 40. I like the popular classicals. You know, the ones music teachers force their students to learn first and the ones you are likely to hear while on hold or in the elevator. I suppose pop is my main forte. The more bubblegum, the better, although I'm not as up for cheese as I used to be. Opera has that love it/hate it thing and I'm not in the former group. I prefer crossover country to old school.

What I've recently (let's say in the last 3-4 days) listened to is: Sarah Bareilles, Zedd, Cascada, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, Krewella, and Lil Jon to name a few off the top of my head. Some music I basically only listen to during my workouts and some bands/groups/singers/musicians are staples.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: