Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,928 Times in 9,908 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My car is visiting the mechanic's garage, so I've been getting more exercise lately. Yesterday, because I missed the last bus home and because bus schedules run on weekend schedules, I walked about 5 extra miles on top of the 14821 steps I managed to log while spending the day at a nature type park. While at the park, listening to the river and watching kayakers practice on small rapids, a big beautiful Blue Heron swooped down from the tree canopy and wow, you couldn't even hear them swoosh through the air. I spilled my strawberry concoction I took to drink, trying to take a picture of it because it was SO huge, and majestic, and just so mysterious. I've never seen a Blue Heron as big as the one I saw yesterday.

I am not sure what I will do this summer, when it comes to my favorite activity: Swimming (or rather, floating while cloud watching). Even our own pools here at home are closed. Public pools are closed until further notice. So I'm glad I never made it over to the community center to buy a summer swim pass. But by late summer, there is a couple of opportunities to go to hot springs resorts, and maybe then, I'll get my pleasures by floating in a hot spring pool. Maybe.

Last week I managed to log all sorts of steps. I even managed to fall down my stairs and bang up both knees and hit my head and bruised my left side by my ribs. I'm glad I had a winter ski hat on and was bundled up, because it could have been entirely different. I'm glad I didn't break any bones. But my body is super sore, especially since I had to walk home after no buses were ever going to be able to take me home.

Here's to more Blue Heron's, floating in a pool - sometime this summer, and to my car being healed, so she's not having to visit the mechanics garage so often.

Oh, and as soon as the Rain season ends, I have plans to bicycle to work. I have finally mapped a route to work and it will take about 1.5 hours to do it, but I plan to start out with biking to work, one or two days a week, until I can do it daily, five days a week (that might be next summer).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: