Old 07-02-2020, 12:31 PM   #4917
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Wow, I have not exercised since 2/29/20. And today is 7/1/20. Incredible.

Being in NYC which is the epicenter of the pandemic in case you didn't get the memo, I have been completely inside since March, save for one brief walk, until today. Today I got my exercise groove on! And groove I did. I walked 13K steps, a bit over two hours. And I did 35 minutes of outdoor yoga, weightlifting, ab exercises, etc.

It was great. It felt like my brain was finally oxygenated. I've been busy literally almost every waking hour from mid-March through the end of June doing remote school social work. My principal worked me to the bone. Today is my first day of school being out!

I did everything in Riverside Park. I brought something to put down on the grass and weights. Instead of the gym ceiling, I stared at clouds and blue sky, and the moon, and fire flies, and planes overhead. I did it!

On Friday we are going on vacation, driving to a beach house for a week (the queer / lesbian part of Fire Island: Cherry Grove). When we go, I will adapt to the beach, and for Thursday and probably Friday morning, I'll use the park.

I missed the AC at the gym but I sure did enjoy being out in nature, especially after being inside all this time.
Good for you, girly! I'm in a similar boat in terms of enjoyable exercise or chosen exercise might be a better description since I don't really like to sweat at all but it's necessary. I've been physical at work. Many days quite a bit but it hasn't done anything for me emotionally or psychologically like a good chosen workout does.

My gym is appointment only now, of course, and because the gym suspended payments for everyone for those months, I can't get an appointment until my next monthly charge.

When I want to workout, I can't do it the way I want, and when I don't want to, there is a plethora of options. I'm pretty sure Murphy controls my life.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: