How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I've been continuing my goal of 10K per day of walking (using my iphone to count). My last post was on 7/2/20. So here's my catching up information:

7/3, 7/4: 10K
7/5: 11K
7/6: 12K
7/7, 7/8, 7/9, 7/10: 10K
7/11: 12K
7/12: 13K

I was at the beach on Fire Island for a week, so I walked on the sand barefoot during that time, and also barefoot on the wooden paths. I think I set off an old injury in my left foot (a fracture of the sesamoid bone). It's been acting up lately. It could be just from all the walking but was probably from walking so much barefoot on the wooden paths. It felt good at the time but probably was too much. The sesamoid bone is what pushes down against the ground if you are wearing a high heeled shoe. When I originally injured this bone 20 years ago, I used to wear high heels a lot and lived in a 4th floor walk-up apt and the pressure likely built up. My foot doctor told me at that time that some women refused to stop wearing high heels every day and so he would give them expensive injections regularly to plump up that part of the foot. Crazy. Anyway, I think I may at least go to a shoe store and get some new shoes. I haven't been in any store in NYC since before the pandemic. I will wear a high quality mask and glasses.

I have been walking at a slow pace, generally walking 5 miles in 2.5 hours (2mph). I walk in the park on shaded paths and then on the way home I walk by the river which gives a little bit of a breeze. I take a lot of photos.

I wonder if my bone was affected by walking on the sand. I walked on the packed sand by the water (and again - this was walking for several hours). Maybe I should wear shoes if I'm doing my walk on the beach?

Editing for clarity: I myself rarely wear high heels since that injury 20 years ago.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 07-13-2020 at 01:47 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: