Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default LFest (UK event)

I recently attended LFest, here in the UK, and it was wonderful!
http://www.lfest.co.uk/

I believe the 2017 event wsa the fourth of them, but the same organisation also does an event in Spain, and LFestive each winter - the next is being held quite near to where I (used to) work (have just been made redundant, still wrapping up the handover to my boss).

LFest is for lesbians and allies, so there are instances like single-parent dads taking their newly-out daughters, or a lad volunteering as crew to support his Mum, who's lesbian. Children are allowed, and there's a families camping area, and activities for the kids.But generally all you'll notice are a thousand plus very varied lesbians just having fun! All in all, the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly, and the crew are there to help folk rather than police them.

The ethos of this event is entirely admirable, and there's a charitable side, too, which helps disadvantaged lesbians attend when they might otherwise not be able to afford to.

I found going very emotional, as I've never been amidst so many lesbians for such an extended period, and whilst there is a firm 'no discrimination' policy at the event, actually experiencing that no-one had any issue with me being a (post-op) MTF lesbian, and even attracting a little positive social interest greatly eased some very old hurts, and boosted my morale and confidence! And I made some new friends I'm keeping in touch with too!

The bands were excellent, as were the DJ's, comedy acts and workshops. Fantastic value for the ticket price! I thoroughly and unreservedly reccomend any lesbian to go to LFest if she can.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: