Old 02-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy View Post
I always get nervous making new threads, but here goes...

... do you ever feel like your friends, or people you are around on a daily basis, are constantly pressuring you (whether they're aware of it or not) to "prove" yourself to be a lesbian? For example, I have male friends who basically say they wouldn't believe it unless they see it. A bit frustrating.

Another aspect of this, is... some of my closest friends say they believe I'm bisexual, because I've kissed a guy before. Which is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Thoughts?
You know....the world is full of all kinds of people. Some are very hurtful and meaning to be, others may be curious and not know how to express that or not really know what to say or how to handle news that is foreign to them.

I've heard it all honey. Many of us have. Take it in stride. Educate them when you feel you want to or they are worth it. Let it go if they are not.

Main thing...YOU know who you are, what your boundries are and how you ID yourself. Try to know that in your heart....that is all that really matters.

Like, Diva, I was married to a bio man. That does not make anyone bisexual, just as it don't make you bisexual if you "kissed" one. YOU have to know who YOU are.

It does help to have a group of friends that do understand....as on here and if there are ones locally. Surely, there is an LGBT group around somewhere.

We all want to be accepted...i do understand.

*hugs.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: