Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Yellowband,

"Thirteen human embryonic stem-cell lines have been approved for use in federally funded research and approval of many more lines is expected to follow, the head of NIH announced on Dec. 2nd.

Dr. Francis S. Collins, who took over in August, said in a telephone conference with the media that it was a "significant day" in the efforts to achieve President Obama's goal of "a loosing up of what had been considered too stringent requirements" for federal funding of research involving human embryonic stem cells.

Collins said the 13 stem-cells lines 11 developed at Children's Hospital in Boston and 2 at Rockefeller University in NY - were approved after NIH staff determined the scientists who created the lines had followed the "very detailed informed consetnt process" outlined in NIH guildelines published in July."

By Nancy F. O'Brien, Catholic News Services, Dec. 10th

My late sister, JoAnn, was obviously not treated by these stem cells. Her cancer metasized within one year. The stem cells used on her were very different lines than these. It is my hope and prayer that these NEW LINES will offer hope and life to those who are sick. Melanoma is the deadliest cancers today. The survival rate is maybe 3 years, if that, and with treatment.

Namaste,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote