Old 05-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #73
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I doubt this will be a majority of the views in this thread. Could be many don't agree with how i personally deal with forgiveness. But, it is what it is and it is how i handle it.

I've heard the phrases and beautiful statements and sentiments regarding forgiveness all over the place, in which to forgive someone is a gift to yourself and all that. That's wonderful if that is how peeps want to view it. Truly i'm not dissing it, i just see things differently sometimes...not always.

If someone has hurt me, F that. I don't have to forgive them, i don't want to forgive them and i don't forgive them. It is my decision and i'm in control of that, not them. Sometimes people don't deserve forgiveness and i'm really good with that. It doesn't make me feel bitter or whatever, again it's my decision and i don't see how this could be hard on me at all.

Forgive and forget? Sometimes, for me, it's both and sometimes it's latter. What i CAN do however is forget them.The feeling in my mind is equal, because it is closure.

IMO you don't have to forgive everyone to be happy with yourself. Standing up for yourself and protecting yourself from mental/physical harm without forgiving someone is sometimes an ok thing to do.

Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: