Old 10-28-2022, 10:23 PM   #26
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've had two shots and one booster. Every time I think about going to get the next booster, something comes up that pushes that timeline back.

This time, I got the flu. For those that typically get flu shots, I highly recommend that you get it as soon as you can. All signs are pointing to a rough flu season; it's starting sooner and will likely be stronger due than the past several years.

Source: CNN
Flu season has ramped up early in the United States, and flu hospitalizations are worse than usual for this time of year, according to data published Friday by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It’s been more than a decade – since the H1N1 swine flu pandemic – since flu hospitalization rates have been this high at this point in the season.

The CDC estimates that there have been at least 880,000 illnesses, nearly 7,000 hospitalizations and 360 deaths from flu in the US this season. The first pediatric death in the country was reported this week.

I'm still getting over it, which is unusual for me. It's been 20 days since I was infected and 18 days since my symptoms kicked in hard. This flu has been worse for me than COVID was. Granted, I have a good immunity system and regularly take immunity boosting supplements but it still knocked me for a loop. While my infection is under control, my cough is not. It's lingering.

It's been about 14 years since I had the flu last and then it was the avian flu. I only seem to get the really bad strains, which is a blessing and a curse. I get it less often but when I do, ohh boy. The last time, I lost 3-4 days of my life; I simply cannot remember that time other than random flashes of dragging myself to the bathroom or tossing and turning. I do not want to do that again.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: