View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #31
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Yes, it makes sense and, to the best that I can (having not walked in your footsteps), I understand it. I think that the sense of alienation is something that, ultimately, is universal in that it can transcend language, cultural and social barriers.

My situation is much different, and minor, in comparison to yours. I'm from Belfast, deeply entrenched in my sense of place and history, and thus not overly pleased to be living in London (and I wouldn't be pleased to be living in the US either) and, yet, a significant number of ghosts from my past that continue to haunt me to this day.
Thanks for understanding and not taking my post as an attention seeking behavior, but truly understanding my situation. To be honest, when you reply I knew you were the one that can relate.
I do not consider your situation as a minor, because no matter what when you are not in the place where you are comfortable, it’s always hard.

As for ghosts, I am not exactly sure what is your refering to. However, I always go by f up once and you will see who your true friends are. I personally hurt and I have been hurt and I do take a full responsibility for my mistakes. I learned from my mistakes and I believe I am better person today. As for some gossip, I no longer pay that attention. At one time, I was horrified how some people portrait me and I even cried. That being said it was most horrifying from people I knew and I was being supportive to them in many ways.

Hugs to ya my friend and thanks again
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote