Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey You View Post
I have recently stopped using shampoo in my hair. A mix of bicarb and water leaves it very clean when I'm pretty dirty or sweaty. A mix of apple cider vinegar and water a couple of times a week when it's less dirty leaves it nice and smooth and it stops smelling when it dries.

Next project is to make my own deodorant. Apparently apple cider vinegar works well on its own but it is quite acidic so I don't know if I want to do that every day. I've got a few patches of skin healing from getting rid of some moles using ACV though, seems to have worked really well.
I've stopped using shampoo as well - I use baking soda now. It works really well and leaves my hair soft and not oily or dried out - zero dandruff too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
The homemade laundry soap she makes works fine, though.
I make my own laundry soap as well - did you already post your recipe? I can go look for it if you did - if not, will you post it?

I used the recipe on this link --> here <--

I got that from FB - I used to belong to a lot of prepper and homesteader FB pages that posted things like the laundry soap recipe, how to make your own neosporin-type salve, cold medicine, decongestant, deodorant, etc.

I am trying to get more of the chemicals out of my life and bring in more natural stuff that works just as well, but cheaper and safer.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post: