Thread: MIGRAINES!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #31
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I started getting migraines a few years ago that would last a day and then I was fine. Starting about 2 years ago they changed so I now have it for 3 days with a 4th needed for recovery. I've kept a food journal, sleep journal, water intake record, etc. and there is nothing that shows a common element. It's not hormone-related either. I had decided that it was due to perimenopause but there is no change in my hormone levels so that isn't it. They are so debilitating. The hangover after feels like there I have brain damage. I just had an MRI done Thursday and they found nothing of concern, just some gliosis which is apparently common for people who get them. I am concerned because not only is it awful to go through, but preventative meds don't work and I am getting ready to start my year-long clinical placement, plus continue my full-time job and schoolwork and I cannot miss work or time off from my placement. I am really worried about this. So, I am seeing a neurologist in a couple of weeks and I know that botox shots in my head and neck may be an option. I am wondering if anyone has had this done and how it worked, or is working out for them. Thanks.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: