ScandalAndy

How Do You Identify?:
human femme spitfire
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
it's official!

Thanked 3,220 Times in 753 Posts
ScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST ReputationScandalAndy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
I am curious to know how you fought hard to earn the right to ID as Lesbian?

I know we don't thank those who have actually pioneered our rights nearly enough, those who have gone through riots, hiding who they are, those that have paved the way, so to speak. Those generationed before me. (is that a word ) ?
Oh, I know I owe a LOT to the warriors who came before me and paved the way for all the rights I enjoy today.

I feel I fought for my right to wear the label because of the harassment and abuse I survived from family, friends and peers and my refusal to identify differently even when i was in danger.

That being said, there are many who lost their lives or their light when it was much more dangerous back before stonewall and over the past 50 years. I was lucky.